Ash Vacuum Review with Chimney Sweeping, Wood Stove Cleaning, and Fire Starter Making. Time to get the wood stove ready for winter. We have a high-efficiency wood stove and need to sweep the chimney of creosote and clean the ash buildup inside the stove. Watch the Video Review. This year we tested a new chimney brush and flexible rod kit along with an ash vacuum by shop-vac. We also made fire starter bags from chainsaw wood curls. And we highlighted a wood stove fan by EcoFan.
SUBSCRIBE to our Channel
Ash Vacuum Review
Our Wood Stove
Last fall we had our wood stove upgraded to I high efficiency, long burning model: the Blaze King Sirocco 30 catalytic stove.
In a corner of our living room I removed a section of the hardwood floor and installed ceramic tiles.
The ceiling of our living room has some nice decorative trim that may have been original from when it was built in the 50’s.
In the attic I sistered a rafter then removed a section of the original to make adequate clearance for the chimney.
By removing a section of that rafter, the stove pipe could be lined up right at the centre of the curved trim. Which I thought would look pretty nice.
Our local wood stove dealer and his crew came on a very rainy afternoon last fall.
They cut a hole in the ceiling where I had laid it out. And added some blocking between the joists. They set part of the chimney section in through the ceiling
Then outside on the roof they cut a hole and installed the rest of the chimney. Not a fun day from them as it poured rain all day.
Setting Wood Stove in Place
The three of them brought the wood stove in on a dolly, then set it in place. And connected the stove to the chimney.
(Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for helping to support my content this way. )
They did a great job and this stove kept our little house warm all winter last year.
- ASH VACUUM: The Shop-Vac Ash Vacuum is specially designed to remove cold ashes from fireplaces, wood & pellet stoves & more. Featuring a bypass motor for tough messes, HEPA filter & thermal protective device for user safety.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The vacuum comes with a durable vinyl covered flexible steel hose, metal intake nozzle, metal crevice tool & a pellet stove cleaning kit. For dry & cold ash pick up only.
- Got dirt? Shop-Vac full line of products includes cordless, rechargeable wet dry vacuums, automotive vacuum systems, air Movers, attachments & more. Whatever the job, Shop-Vac has you covered!
- AN AMERICAN ORIGINAL: Shop-Vac offers the most complete line of vacuum cleaners, bags, filters, attachments, kits, & other cleaning tools available for home, industrial, & commercial applications.
- TOUGH & DEPENDABLE: Shop-Vac Corporation is the recognized world leader in wet/dry vacuum cleaners. Since 1965, we have made innovative, high quality vacuum cleaners, filters, bags, & other accessories.